Monday, September 11, 2006

 
Tears of a Clown
An old friend, Ben posted a comment recently more or less telling me to get off my ass, update the blog and good naturedly chiding me for ''generally ignoring all of us who depend on your cynic wit to balance our otherwise sensible and sedate lives.''

I replied that I've been in a deep fried funk but provided no details.

But what the hey. Lessee. In addition to the heart attack, my job makes me feel like I'm being skewered daily from eye socket to bunghole and then placed on a spit so that my sagging flesh can be roasted by the searing gale of flatus which issues forth from the spined haunches of Satoshi, Eater of Souls. That's on a good day.

And I recently received an Inland Revenue statement (that's Hong Kong-ese for IRS) telling me I owe HK$81,000 in taxes which is about $10,400 in real money.

Ha. They might as well have demanded US$81 million. I simply don't have it.

Sometimes there's a lot to be said for sensible and sedate lives. I know I could use one at the moment.
Comments:
sent you an email just now, here's a relevant excerpt in case you look here first and for anyone else looking in:

Here's how it works with HK taxes. Wait until November. You take your ID card, passport and tax bill to whichever bank they direct deposit your pay check into. That bank will then give you a tax loan at a really low interest rate, maybe 5 or 6% or so, repaid monthly for 12 months. If you owe $81,000, your monthly repayment would be roughly
$7,000 per month. The reason to wait till November is because the
banks won't start doing their tax loan specials until then.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?