Thursday, September 01, 2005

 
Ramblin' Gamblin' Man
I'm not much for gambling, but how, tell me how could I not resist throwing HK$10 (US$1.28) into the office Nancy Kissel jury verdict pool today?
There were three picks: 1. murder (the favorite at 14); 2. manslaughter (10 picks) and 3. aquittal (6). One enterprising editor spread his bets-- $20 for manslaughter and aquittal. Total pool at this point? A whopping HK$300 or about $38 in real money.
I went with my heart and the odds and picked murder, though some doubters are saying the domestic abuse claims will sway the two women on the seven person jury.
And here's what the local oddsmakers say, from an e-mail sent around alerting our staff to the opportunity.
Five Senior Counsels and a law professor were questioned for this case's article, which I am writing. Here are the stats:

3 say Murder
1 says ''Don't know''
1 says manslaughter
1 says acquital
Place your bets

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?